Household Contents Insurance & Home Contents Insurance for Tenants

Household Contents Insurance covers the costs of replacing the inventory of your household. It offers cover in case of damage occurred through fire, mains water, storms, hail, robbery through break-ins, theft and vandalism. If you are renting a furnished apartment, many landlords now insist on you having a ‘Hausratversicherung’ before letting to you. The average cost of replacing all household goods lies at around €650/m2 in Germany. It is advisable to insure at least this value as the insurance companies do not then calculate the percentage of damage compared to your total insured sum, which would lead to a reduction in the amount of your claim. This is known as ‘Unterversicherungsverzich ‘ (waiver of underinsurance).

Please answer the following questions in order to enable us to offer you the cover that best suits your needs and at the best price. Once you have returned the questionnaire you will be contacted to talk through the next steps.

For a free quote please fill in the below:

    Personal Details:

    Relevant Insurance Details:

    Living Area M2
    Cellar Area M2

    Accomotation type (house, apartment)

    Type of building (brick, concrete, wood, metal)

    Do you have household contents insurance?
    Claims over past 5 years

    Insured Amount (total value of houshold items)

    Waiver of underinsurance

    Is the property constantly lived in, if not how long per year?

    Extra specifications:

    Do you own a bicycle?
    Aprox. value of bicycle

    Valuable Goods (jewellery, antiques, art) Aprox. value of goods

    Do you have a waterbed or aquarium?

    Additional Items you are unsure if need to be insured separately

    Additional Comments

    I have taken notice of the privacy policy. I agree to the use and storage of my information for the purposes of processing this enquiry. Note: You can revoke your consent for the future by sending an Email at