Private Health Care
Private Krankenversicherung (PKV) or private health insurance in Germany is chosen by about 10-11% of the German population. When will someone understand that we pay all of our bills by selling private health care? Those who value their health are always advisable to choose private health care.
The set of criteria that you’ll have to meet to be eligible include
Before you start looking for private health care plans, you need to ensure that you’re eligible to sign up for them
Finding the best private health insurance in Germany - key things to know
- It’s important to note that in the domain of Germany’s private health insurance, no family memberships are available. Thus, everyone has to pay his/her premiums. These premiums depend on multiple aspects, such as your age, health, and the type of coverage you’re seeking.
- If you’re single and earn well, you would typically be able to get far superior health care coverage with the best private health insurance in Germany than what the state health care plans offer. And such coverage would be made available to you for considerably lower monthly premiums.
- You may even receive precautionary check-ups, the choice you enjoy access to several treatments and medications which are not open to state insured people. You also will notice a big difference in the speed of setting up appointments with specialists. However, the situation would be different if your partner doesn’t work or you’ve got several children. In such cases, your private health care would usually cost more than the state schemes.
- Before deciding to get expat private health insurance, you should know that once you enroll in a private health scheme, going back to the state-run public health system would be extremely difficult, should you wish to do it. It is very easy to change from public to private especially if you have already been insured in the state system in Germany. They make it harder to change in the other direction but depending on your situation then it is possible. This is especially true if you have been privately insured after the age of 55 as you’ll have just a limited number of ways to move over to the state system.
- If you fail to meet their entry criteria regarding health, Germany’s PKV (Private Krankenversicherung) won’t be obliged will not offer you insurance. Some insurance companies may not even offer insurance coverage to expats unless they have lived in Germany for a specific period of time. Yet, the flexibility and convenience of private health insurance in Germany are unbeatable.
- Since different tariffs are made available, you can get customized coverage to meet your needs. These could include the choice of the hospital room (single room, double room, etc.), free choice of hospital or doctor, coverage option for alternative health care, options to select opticians and dental care, etc.
- Additionally, you won’t be troubled by hidden costs that the patients need to deal with when they choose the state-run health care system. If all these sound too confusing and you need experts to help you find the cheapest private health insurance in Germany, contact us today!
Private health insurance in Germany brings several benefits your way.
From shorter waiting times and a higher level of care to additional services, at times, you can get a lot of benefits that the public insurance schemes don’t offer. For instance, your chosen cheapest private health insurance in Germany may offer coverage for major dental work that you won’t get with public insurance. Again, when you’ve got the best private health insurance, you could get a private room for your hospital treatment or after an operation to recuperate in complete privacy, without disturbances.
What do our customers say?
MW Expat is perfectly situated to offer professional insurance solutions and pension savings schemes to Germany´s ever growing expat community.
“I initially came across MW Expat for retirement solutions, but after a thorough and pain-less introductory call, we decided that I should first focus on my current expenditures. Everything was very straightforward and the communication was frequent and clear.